Organic products are in trend, now you will get organic products everywhere from the food to detergents, organic options are available. When we choose organic, we feel confident that the product we eat or use, are chemical-free and have no health issues in the future.
But when it comes to skincare, most women remain doubtful. Are organic beauty products as effective as their non-organic counterparts? Here, we will discuss the reasons to choose organic beauty products.
- Complement a Healthy Lifestyle
Living a healthy lifestyle is our top priority and for this, we eat nutritious food items and do some physical activities and exercises. we also integrate more and more organic products into their daily living. It started with food and extended to household products and cleaning supplies.
But we forget to include organic beauty products, when we start using organic products in our beauty regime, we will notice a difference in our physical and mental health and feel better and have more fun living an organic lifestyle. What we put in your body is as important as what we put in your body. This habit will encourage your beauty and health inside and out.
Organic Beauty Products Are Environment Friendly
Organic Beauty products have skin-friendly and environment-friendly ingredients while their chemical counterparts harm the environment, they are loaded with harmful chemicals which emitted into the air and water during their manufacturing process.
If you choose an organic beauty product, you also support your environment.
They don’t cause allergies
Many people are allergic to chemicals that are found in non-organic beauty products which can cause redness, irritation, and breakouts. Organic Skincare products work perfectly with one’s skin instead of acting against it.
Organic Beauty Products are Free from Chemicals and Artificial Ingredients
Organic beauty products are made with natural ingredients, such as vegetable oils, milk, beeswax, aloe vera, green tea, and many more. And, all these ingredients are free from parabens and preservatives that are used in the process of making beauty products. Since organic makeup products have no artificial ingredients, they are free from the artificial fragrance that can cause skin irritation or allergies.
Gentle on the skin
Since organic cosmetics are formulated with natural ingredients, they are gentle on the skin and suitable for all skin types, making them the most appropriate cosmetic product for atopic and sensitive skins. Even people who don’t have sensitive skin can benefit from organic makeup because the natural ingredients prevent any drying, itching, or redness to the skin.
Gentle on the Skin
Since Organic Beauty Products are made from natural ingredients, they are gentle and suit all skin types, making them the most appropriate cosmetic product for atopic and sensitive skins. Even people who don’t have sensitive skin can get benefit from organic beauty products because the natural ingredients prevent any drying, itching, or redness to the skin.
Organic Skincare Products are Nutrient-rich
Organic Skincare Products can also provide additional nourishment to the skin with ingredients such as Vitamin E, witch hazel, coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil. These ingredients are well-known for helping the skin be healthier because its full of antioxidants that help to prevent early signs of aging to keep the skin looking good.
Provide Protection from Premature Aging
Organic skincare products have natural ingredients that provide skin protection from the sun and early signs of aging. They are rich in ingredients like Vitamin C, which has sun-shielding benefits.
The Future of Beauty is Green
People are attracted to living a healthier life and for this, they are adopting an organic lifestyle. Beauty products are very essential for the majority of women because they help them enhance their appearance to boost their self-esteem.
As explained, organic beauty and skincare products are beneficial for both the body and the environment because they use only natural ingredients, including production and even packaging.
However, not all organic and natural beauty products are equal, so ensure that the products you are getting are certified as organic to guarantee their safety.
You can also do a patch test to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in your chosen products.
Common Ingredients for Organic Makeup
- Cocoa Butter- is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and makes for an effective natural emollient that protects the skin against the sun’s UV rays, slows down the aging process, reduces the risk of wrinkles, and works as an effective nourishing moisturizer.
- Coconut Oil- It is also the most versatile beauty ingredient that is used for both the skin and food. It is also one of the few oils that is hypoallergenic. It treats chronic skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis, and its high concentration of lipids provides and maintains the skin’s hydration and moisture.
- Shea Butter- Like Cocoa butter, Shea butter is also rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing properties that make it an effective moisturizer for dry skin. It is also used to treat all types of skin disorders. Most organic moisturizers contain shea butter.
- Charcoal- Charcoal or activated charcoal helps to absorb impurities, drawing excess oil, dirt, bacteria, toxins, and chemical from the skin.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe vera is a popular ingredient for lotions due to its cooling and anti-inflammatory effect. The pulp of aloe vera contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and C, enzymes, amino acids, choline, niacinamide, Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and C, glycoprotein, phytochemicals, and salicylic acids, all of which are beneficial to the skin.
- Green Tea- Green Tea has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and carcinogenic properties that slow down the process of aging, repair or improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin and reduce topical oxidative stress.
- Rosehip Oil- It is enriched with Vitamins A to E as well as Vitamin C. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties are widely used to treat and strengthen dry, irritated, and weathered skin, scars, and burns. They also help to reduce the aging signs.
Other skin-friendly ingredients that are used in organic makeup include pomegranate, grape, white tea, calendula, macadamia oil, and apricots. These are major ingredients to protect the skin from free radical damage and maintain its elasticity.