Do you know? When is the best time to apply a face mask before or after the shower? The answer to this question depends on the type of face mask you use and your skin type. Each sheet mask is formulated for a specific skin problem and skin type. On the pack of sheet masks, it is clear when and how you can use them. You can also learn more about what types of masks work best before or after a shower, so you can get a clearer, and smoother complexion.
How You Can Properly apply a Face Mask?
Each mask is formulated for a specific skin type like some masks maintain excess sebum that is great for oily and combination skin types, while others replenish lost moisture in dry skin. Some face masks are designed for even out skin and flawless complexion and others are for exfoliation purposes that remove dead skin cells, impurities, dirt, and other environmental residues.
There are some important steps to apply a face mask properly:
- Cleanse your face properly with your regular cleanser
- Take the face mask pack, and apply the mask in a thin, even layer around your entire face by avoiding eyes and lips areas. You can also take the layer to your neck and decolletage.
- If you are applying an exfoliating mask, you will have to massage the product into your skin for a few seconds.
- Keep it over your skin for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the product instructions. Drying masks for oily skin are left for only 5 to 10 minutes, while hydrating and antiaging masks are left on longer or overnight.
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat it dry for a soft washcloth.
- Apply alcohol-free toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Tips: When you repeat the process, it depends on your skin type. If you have aging signs, you should use anti-aging masks a few times per week, while masks for oily skin are used two to three times a week. Hydrating masks are also needed a few times per week. If you have sensitive skin, you may only need to use a face mask once per week.
You can also try sheet masks, they are trendy nowadays and easy to apply and remove. So, here we are suggesting some face masks and sheet masks for all skin types.
- Axis-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask – 100ml
- Barulab The Clean Vegan Mask Aloe
- Barulab The Clean Vegan Mask Teatree
- Beauty Formulas Ginger & Turmeric Clay Mask – 100ml
- Celimax Noni Refresh Clay Mask – 100ml
- Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber with Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid
- Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber With Soothing Allantoin
- Farm Stay 1EA Real Avocado Essence Mask
- Farm Stay 1EA Real Coconut Essence Mask
- Jumiso All Day Vitamin Nourishing & Recharging Wash-Off Mask – 100ml
Have questions? We’d love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected]